Zesty Chicken Kabobs
by Gail Allen
(Fort Lauderdale, FL)
2Corn, cob, small , each cut into 8 equal pieces
2/3cup Salad Dressing, vinaigrette, Italian, fat free
1tbsp fresh basil , chopped
1tbsp fresh cilantro , chopped
1tsp poultry seasoning
1/2tsp black pepper
1 1/2lb boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1-inch pieces
1Onion, sweet, fresh , halved and cut into wedges
1large green bell peppers , cut into 1-inch pieces
1pint fresh cherry tomatoes
1. Microwave the corn on high (in a large microwave safe dish) for 3 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the vinaigrette, basil, cilantro, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
3. Add the corn, chicken pieces, onion, green pepper, and cherry tomatoes.
4. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
5. Preheat the grill to medium or turn on the broiler. Remove the chicken from the marinade and drain.
6. Put the chicken, onion, bell pepper, corn, and tomatoes on skewers, alternating the ingredients in that order.
7. Grill or broil 4 inches from the heat until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 5 to 8 minutes.